THE BEST OF THE WORLD WIDE WEB
- It was really interesting to read Angelina Jolie's piece in the New Yorker this week about testing positively for the BRCA gene. Very early on into my cancer crusade I was tested for the gene and didn't have it thankfully. I wrote about this experience in my book which will be out in August! More detes about my book next week!
- Gal meets Glam (a blog I started recently reading after being introduced by Allyson Fulcher) has posted the holy mecca of Memorial Day sales. It's amazing. Get your shopping swerve on!
- Danny & I were on Little Tin Soldier this week!
- Kendi Everyday was one of the very first blogs I discovered and started reading regularly. I've since met Kendi twice; once at Texas Style Council and once at an IFB party in NYC. All this to say Kendi wrote a very poignant, brave post this week that I very much related to. I like an outfit post as much as the next person but when bloggers get more vulnerable and profound like Kendi did, or Mara does with her infertility, or I try do by writing about the more embarrassing parts of my cancer like mammograms, is when blogging, just as a concept, is at its best.
- Macy is crawling. Everywhere. Is there something I should do? Something I should buy? She seems particularly interested in electrical wires. Advice in my comment section asap! PLEASE!